Reclassify Smart Task changes ticket assignment
|Article:TECH140577|||||Created: 2010-09-23|||||Updated: 2010-09-23|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH140577|
|NOTE: If you are experiencing this particular known issue, we recommend that you Subscribe to receive email notification each time this article is updated. Subscribers will be the first to learn about any releases, status changes, workarounds or decisions made.|
After using the Reclassify Smart Task on a ticket the task assignment is set back to Support I.
This is caused by a step in the Reclassify Smart Task that calls the Determine Assignment model in the SD.RoutingRules project and sets the task assignment to the data returned from the Determine Assignment model if that data is different than the current task assignment.
This functionality is by design. The steps below explain how to modify ServiceDesk to allow this functionality to be bypassed.
Please note: The information in this document is intended to be used by ServiceDesk or Workflow users that are familiar and comfortable with editing and publishing Workflow projects. It is highly recommended that the steps in this document are first implemented and tested on a development or test installation of ServiceDesk. Symantec is unable to assist with the implementation or configuration of the customization information contained in this document.
The Determine Assigment call can be bypassed by editing the Reclassify Smart Task.
- Open the SD.IncidentManagement project.
- Go to the Initial Diagnosis model and double click on the Initial Diagnosis dialog workflow to edit it.
- Click on the Interaction Setup tab and in the list of Dialog Models find and select Reclassify and then click the Edit button.
- Click the ellipsis button at the end of the Dialog Model: line.
- Find the form entitled 'Edit Impact/Urgency/Priority' and double click it to edit.
- Search the toolbox for Checkbox and add a checkboxcomponent to the form between the Priority drop down and the Specify Time Worked checkbox.
- Enter classificationrouting in the Output Name: box and select Optional for the Is Required: value and click OK.
- Double click on the new checkbox component to edit it.
- On the Appearance tab change the Text: value to Route based on Classification?
- On the Functionality tab set the Default State to False.
- Click OK to finish editing the checkboxcomponent
- Click OK to close the Web Form Editor.
- Find the Determine Assignment component.
- Add a True False Rule component from the toolbox to the project between the Determine Assignment component and the Terminate Window and Close Dialog.
- Configure the True False Rule component:
- Connect the Terminate Window and Close Dialog to the True False Rule.
- Connect the True output from the True False Rule to the Determine Assignment component.
- Connect the False output from the True False Rule component to the Put Message in Exchange component.
- Double click on the True False Rule component to edit it.
- Set the value on the configuration tab to use Process Variables and select the classificationrouting we created in step 7 above as the variable.
- Click OK until you are back to the Initial Diagnosis model.
- Click on File > Publish Project > Publish Application to Server to publish the modified project.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH140577