KNOWN ISSUE: Patch Management Software Update Agent for reboot dialogue, notification and deferral issues
|Article:TECH140912|||||Created: 2010-09-29|||||Updated: 2010-09-29|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH140912|
|NOTE: If you are experiencing this particular known issue, we recommend that you Subscribe to receive email notification each time this article is updated. Subscribers will be the first to learn about any releases, status changes, workarounds or decisions made.|
The Notification and deferral options for the Software Update Agent do not behave as expected.
For examples see the following KB's:
TECH41994 Patch Management reboot dialogue box time handling does not work properly.
TECH41651 The user receives a prompt to reboot and when he chooses the reboot, it only does a deferral - no reboot.
TECH121969 Computers that enter a suspend/hibernate mode during the deferral period, are never forced to restart.
Patch Management Solution 6.2 SP1
The causes can vary see specific KB's for details.
Follow the steps below to rollout the attached agent to the Notification Server clients.
- Extract the files in the attached ‘Patch Management Agent.zip’ file.
- Copy the extracted ‘Altiris_PatchMgmtAgent_Win32_6_2.msi’ to the <Install Dir>:\Program Files\Altiris\Patch Management\Packages\Win32Agent_6_2 directory. The existing file will need to be renamed or it will be overwritten.
- Open the console and go to the Configuration tab> Solution Settings> Software Management> Patch Management> Windows> Software Update Agent Rollout. Right click on the folder and select Import. Select the ‘All Windows Computers with 6.2 Software Update Agent Requiring Upgrade.xml’ file that was extracted.
- Enable the ‘Software Update Agent 6.2 Upgrade’ policy located at Configuration tab> Solution Settings> Software Management> Patch Management> Windows> Software Update Agent Rollout. Create a schedule in the policy and apply the changes.
- Open the 'Software Update Agent Package' located at Configuration tab> Solution Settings> Software Management> Patch Management> Windows> Software Update Agent Rollout and click the Update Distribution Points button.
Note: Firewall or other network restrictors will not interfere with delivery of this notification, for it is delivered as a process from the client's Software Update Agent.
Logged in sydd2 (Altiris - Sydney) database
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH140912