Hotfix for Enterprise Vault (EV) 9.0, Build 1193, Support for Outlook 2010 Client
|Article:TECH141669|||||Created: 2010-10-12|||||Updated: 2010-12-02|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH141669|
Enterprise Vault 9.0 SP1 now supports Microsoft Outlook 2010.
This hotfix contains changes that resolve issues with Outlook 2010 client support.
ETrack 2119994 : In Outlook 2010 (32 bit) when links such as "Advanced search" and "Browser search" are clicked from the integrated search page the search page becomes blank
ETrack 2172764 : Opening a Lotus Notes item in the search application results in a blank browser screen after every retrieval attempt
To use the new client you need to install the hotfix attached to this document
Which files does this hotfix replace?
The first two files are language specific and are present in each of the language folders under WebApp\V22.214.171.1241\<lang> within the Enterprise Vault installation folder
How to Install this hotfix:
1. Create a backup of the searcho2k.xsl and propo2k.xsl files for each present language variant within your <EVInstallation>\WebApp\V126.96.36.1993\<lang>
2. Replace the existing Searcho2k.xsl and Propo2k.xsl files with the updated versions for each language.
3. Ensure that all new files have the same security permissions as their previous versions
4. Instances of the old .xsl files must be cleared from the Internet Explorer Cache for each affected user. To do this, the following steps must be followed:
(Note: Exact steps may differ slightly between IE versions, the following applies to IE 8)
1. Open Internet Explorer
2. Access Tools > Internet Options > 'General' Tab
3. Click 'Settings' under the 'Browsing History' subsection
4. Click 'View Files' under the 'Temporary Internet Files' subsection
5. Delete instances of Searcho2k.xsl and propo2k.xsl
6. Close Internet Explorer
Rollback: OL2010 conversation view
Opening a Lotus Notes item in the search application results in a blank browser screen after every retrieval attempt
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH141669