E7D1000A: Parent '//severname/sharename/' exists but is not a directory. Error E7D1000A: Parent '%1' exists but is not a directory. 0xE7D1000A
|Article:TECH142838|||||Created: 2010-10-27|||||Updated: 2014-05-16|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH142838|
When Trying to Backup to NAS device the job fails with following error.
Error EC8F17B7: Cannot create recovery points for job: Drive Backup of Local Disk (C:\). Error EC8F03ED: Cannot create the recovery point. Error E7D1000A: Parent '//resb-nas/share/' exists but is not a directory. Error E7D1000A: Parent '%1' exists but is not a directory. 0xE7D1000A.
1) The destination location is read only or is not a valid location.
2) May be there is a issue with the file system(FAT/NTFS) on the Destination Drive.
1) Add Domain Admin and System Account on the destination folder.
- (Refer: http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH55354)
2) Check the File System on the NAS device. Some file systems have file size limit (e.g. FAT: Max file size- 4GB) which restricts the BESR recovery points to grow in size.
- Try to run backup job using the "Divide into smaller files to simplify archiving".
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH142838