Creating a new target type in Control Compliance Suite 10.0
|Article:TECH144562|||||Created: 2010-11-18|||||Updated: 2010-11-18|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH144562|
You need to create a custom target type to be able to collect data and run an evaluation for the custom asset type. You can create a new target type for both predefined as well as custom asset types.
To create a target type
1. Go to Settings > Schema Manager.
2. Click Create New Target Type.
3. In the Specify Name and Description for Target Type panel, type the name and description for the new target type. Click Next.
4. In the Select Platform and Asset Type panel, select an asset platform in the Platform list. Select an asset type in the Asset Type list.
The custom platform, the custom asset types, and the predefined asset types are available for selection in the drop-down list.
5. In the Create Asset Type filters panel, click Add Statement to add a filter statement.
6. In the Filter Statement dialog box, select an operator and in the Specify Value box, type a value. Click OK.
7. In the Create Asset Type filters panel, click Next.
8. In the Summary panel, review the information that you have entered in the wizard. Click Back to make any modifications or click Finish to exit the wizard.
Go to Manage > Standards. The new target type is available for selection in the Specify Name and Target Type panel of the Create Check wizard.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH144562