How to disable the event notifications from a standalone install of Backup Exec System Recovery (BESR) tray icon in the task bar.
|Article:TECH144784|||||Created: 2010-11-22|||||Updated: 2014-05-16|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH144784|
After installing Backup Exec System Recovery (BESR) during image activity pop-up messages appear above the Windows Task tray.
Events notification pop-ups are enabled by default after a standalone installation of Backup Exec System Recovery.
To disable these messages follow the steps below in deselecting which messages not to be displayed:
- Open the Backup Exec System Recovery console and expand the Tasks pull down menu' not the Task tab.
- In Tasks click on the Options menu item.
- Under Settings click the Tray icon menu item.
- In the pane to the right deselect the desired message/tray items that are listed below.
- Show System tray icon.
- Show missed backups.
- Show system tray questions.
- Show status messages.
- Show error messages.
- Click Apply then OK to save the settings changes.
- Run a test backup job to confirm status messages that appear above the Window's task bar.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH144784