Right-click menu times out / Historical Performance Viewer takes a very long time to load metric data
|Article:TECH145143|||||Created: 2010-11-29|||||Updated: 2011-03-23|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH145143|
A) When right-clicking a resource within the Symantec Management Console, the page times out with a generic Symantec Management Platform error.
B) When trying to load metric data in the Historical Performance Viewer, it either takes a very long time to load, or the page times out.
- Monitor Solution for Servers SP5 7.0.8641 (and previous versions)
This behavior may occur if a certain Monitor Solution SQL stored procedure's execution path becomes degredated / inefficient.
This is a known issue and has been submitted to development.
This issue will be resolved in the 7.1 release of Monitor Solution for Servers.
- On Symantec Management Platform's SQL server, open Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio
- Expand the Symantec CMDB database and access Programmability > Stored Procedures
- Right-click dbo.spMonitor_GetAvailableMetricsOnComputer and choose Modify
- The stored procedure will open in a new query window. Click Execute in the toolbar to force SQL to recompile the SP
If recompiling the above SQL stored procedure does not resolve the performance issue, contact Symantec Enterprise Support.
HPV appearance in context menu cause UI performance degradation
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH145143