Adding or moving a custom action over existing conditioned actions causes a crash in WfWI.exe in Wise Package Studio 188.8.131.520
|Article:TECH14634|||||Created: 2009-11-01|||||Updated: 2009-11-01|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH14634|
|NOTE: If you are experiencing this particular known issue, we recommend that you Subscribe to receive email notification each time this article is updated. Subscribers will be the first to learn about any releases, status changes, workarounds or decisions made.|
WfWI.exe crashes when any of the following are attempted:
- Dragging and dropping any new custom action onto an existing action that is in an If Statement condition.
- Attempting to move an action (with Ctrl + up arrow or down arrow) past an existing action in an If Statement condition.
- Attempting to cut an action and paste it into an existing If Statement condition.
Wise Package Studio 184.108.40.2060
Windows Installer Editor
This issue is fixed in Wise Package Studio 7 SP1 and Wise Installation Studio/Express 7.0.
There are also two workarounds available:
- Drag and drop new actions anywhere but onto existing, conditioned actions.
- Sequence the custom action using the All Custom Actions view:
- Select the All Custom Actions view in MSI Script.
- Double-click on the action that needs modified. (You can also add new actions here.)
- Select the Location tab.
- Change sequence and condition as needed.
A hotfix was originally created for this issue and is still available at the site below. If you choose to not pick up the Service Pack, but would still like the hotfix for this issue, follow these instructions:
The hotfix created to correct this issue is attached to this article. Download the WPS_7.00_Hotfix_2.exe and install it on the computer on which the original Wise Package Studio Server installation was completed, as well as any Wise Package Studio Local Clients that are experiencing this issue.
The attached hotfix was not designed for the evaluation version of Wise Package Studio 7.0. To apply the hotfix to an evaluation version, follow the steps below:
- Create a new folder, such as C:\HotfixFile. Then run the following command line with the hotfix executable WPS_7.00_Hotfix_2.exe /x c:\HotfixFile (WfWI.exe will be extracted to the specified folder).
- Copy WfWI.exe to your Windows Installer Editor program folder. Default location is C:\Program Files\Altiris\Wise Package Studio\Windows Installer Editor.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH14634