No data in the Storage Array Capacity Trend report in CommandCentral Storage
|Article:TECH146481|||||Created: 2010-12-17|||||Updated: 2011-08-15|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH146481|
No data in the Storage Array Capacity Trend report even though data is seen under Numeric Collectors: Array > Monitoring Tab
It is possible that the collector's numeric logging value is set larger than the time required to get data. This numeric logging value determines the time used to poll the collector for example:
Looking at the ConfiguredRawStorage Collector under Monitoring > Collectors > Capacity for example: Configure Raw Storage, the logging interval 'could' have preset values of 5 minutes, 720 hours and 90 day. These values can be changed to higher levels which may prohibit reporting.
The standard settings are 5 minutes, 1 hour and 1 day. In one case example, the interval was set to 90 days which meant the array was only probed every 90 days which in turn effects what data is collated to create a report. Also, it is very possible that the retension period under Monitoring > Configuration can be set to 90 days which in turn will deliver no data.
To change Collector Logging value settings to the standard settings which are 5 minutes, 1 hour and 1 day as follows:
1. Log in to the CCStorage GUI
2. Go to > Monitoring > Configuration
3. View down the page and identify the “Collector Logging Intervals“ table
4. Mouse click on each incorrect value (under the values column' and change the value in the pop-up change window to the correct value. i.e. change the “day” value from “90” to “1” and the “hour” value from “720” to “1 “ Once this has been corrected, please confirm that the values set for the collectors have also been automatically updated to the correct value.
5. Go to Go to > Monitoring > Collectors
6. Select “Capacity” and then select “Available” in the “Numeric Collector column”
7. Select the array(s) Logging column you want to change
This should now list the Supported Object Types and the values shown should match one of the three default values “5 minutes, 1 hour and 1 day”.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH146481