Unable to Log into the IM Manager Administration Console When No Images Displayed
|Article:TECH146625|||||Created: 2010-12-20|||||Updated: 2010-12-20|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH146625|
|NOTE: If you are experiencing this particular known issue, we recommend that you Subscribe to receive email notification each time this article is updated. Subscribers will be the first to learn about any releases, status changes, workarounds or decisions made.|
When opening the IM Manager Adminstration Console no login button is present. The page displays a red X icon. No other images are displayed on the logon page.
It is not possible to log into the IM Manager Adminstration Console.
The following screenshot shows the issue:
- IIS Role for Static Content is not installed.
1. On the IM Manager server click Start-> Programs-> Administrative Tools->Server Manager.
2. On the Server Manager screen expand Roles.
3. Click on Web Server (IIS).
4. In the Role Services section Web Server|Common HTTP Features|Static Content has a value of Not Installed.
Windows 2008 or higher.
The IM Manager Administration Console requires the ability to serve static HTTP content.
Install the required IIS roles as described in this article: Windows 2008 Web Server (IIS) Roles Required for IM Manager Administration Console/Reviewer Console/Personal Archives
Installer doesn't detect if IIS has all needed service roles for win 2008
Documentation needs to list the IIS installation pre-requisites for the Administration Console
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH146625