KNOWN ISSUE: Merge Modules: Adding multiple wise merge modules causes table merge errors on compile
|Article:TECH14678|||||Created: 2006-07-11|||||Updated: 2006-09-28|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH14678|
|NOTE: If you are experiencing this particular known issue, we recommend that you Subscribe to receive email notification each time this article is updated. Subscribers will be the first to learn about any releases, status changes, workarounds or decisions made.|
During compilation, table merge errors occur when adding more than one of Wise merge modules.
Steps to reproduce:
- Create a new empty project.
- Under Tool Options, mark the checkbox option for " Display error if merge modules conflict with main installation rows" under the General tab.
- Add WiseMDAC28.msm and Wise_CR85_ActiveXDesignerRuntime.msm (or any two Wise created merge modules).
- Compile installation.
Wise Package Studio 6.1
Wise For Windows Installer 6.2
The WisePathVariable table is conflicting between two or more merge modules.
Several of the merge modules Wise created contain the WisePathVariable table. This causes errors when the 'Display error if merge modules conflict with main installation rows' option is enabled since the table always has the same default values, and an error will occur if two rows being merged have the same key value.
There are a few workarounds for this issue:
- Disable the 'Display error if merge modules conflict with main installation rows' option
- Modify the .MSMs in Orca and remove the WisePathVariable table
- Ignore the merge errors for these merge modules. It appears that the .MSI is successfully compiled and contains everything from the merge module
|Description||Logged in Littlebuggy (Altiris - Lindon, Plymouth) database|
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH14678