Symantec System Recovery installation walk through for versions 2010 and 2011.
|Article:TECH146982|||||Created: 2010-12-27|||||Updated: 2014-05-20|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH146982|
Following are the steps for installing Backup Exec System Recovery(BESR) 2010 and Symantec System Recovery(SSR) 2011
- Log on to your computer using the Administrator account or an account that has administrator privileges.
- Insert the Symantec Backup Exec System Recovery / Symantec System Recovery product CD into the media drive of the computer.
- If the installation program does not run, browse the installation DVD and run the Browser.exe in it or
type the following command in the command prompt: <drive>:\autorun.exe where <drive> is the drive letter of your media drive.
- In the CD browser panel,click Install Backup Exec System Recovery 2010 / Symantec System Recovery 2011.
- In the License Agreement panel,read the license agreement,and then click I accept the terms in the license agreement.
- In the License Agreement panel,click Install now to begin the installation.
- We can use the custom install option to add or remove the required features in the installation.
- Click Finish to complete the installation and restart the Server.
- Rebooting the server is recommended as BESR / SSR might not work before the reboot of the server.
- After rebooting the machine launch the BESR / SSR console and enter the license keys and click next.
- After activating the installation we get the option to install live updates and windows quick setup.
- Check for the updates and install all the latest required updates.
Note: The screenshots are those attached for BESR 2010. However the same applies to SSR 2011.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH146982