How to block Remote Web Console access to the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager
|Article:TECH147069|||||Created: 2010-12-28|||||Updated: 2010-12-28|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH147069|
You would like to block remote access to the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager console.
You cannot access this server from this IP address.
In order to block remote web console access to the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager follow these steps:
- Login to the SEPM
- Click Admin
- Click Servers
- Select <Server Name> under Local Site
- Select Edit Server Properties under Tasks
- In the General tab select Granted Access or Denied Access according to your preference under Server Communication Permission
- Optionally you can leave Granted Access or Denied Access selected and create an exception to block/allow specific IP addresses.
- To accomplish this click the Add... button under Except those in the list below: and type in the IP address you want to block/allow.
When a user attempts to login to the SEPM using the remote web console they will be met with the error:
"You cannot access this server from this IP address."
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH147069