'Remote system did not respond or Login has timed out..' error
|Article:TECH14715|||||Created: 2006-07-13|||||Updated: 2009-07-09|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH14715|
When attempting to remote control a machine with Carbon Copy, the following error occurs:
Status: Remote system did not repsond or Login has timed out..
- Carbon Copy 6.x
The target machine did not respond to the connection request.
Ensure the following items are in order:
- The Altiris Carbon Copy Agent is installed
- The Altiris Carbon Copy service is running
- ShellKer.exe, Client.exe, and CCSRVC.exe are running in Task Manager
- There are no routers and/or firewalls preventing communication to the host machine over TCP port 1680
- DNS or WINS name resolution for the target (host) machine succeeds from the controlling (guest) machine
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH14715