Backup Exec System Recovery service fails to start with Event ID: 11720.
|Article:TECH147802|||||Created: 2011-01-10|||||Updated: 2014-05-20|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH147802|
When we start the BESR service it starts for some time and stops in some time with Event ID:11720 in the application logs in event viewer.This error is regarding the MS installer in the application logs.
Log Name: Application
Event ID: 11720
Task Category: None
Product: Symantec Backup Exec System Recovery 2010,Error 1720.
There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A script
required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support
personnel or package vendor.
1) Open the command prompt and browse to the installation directory for BESR and check the fixinstall.bat file there.
2) Run this fixinstall.bat file from the command prompt and then check the BESR service.
3) If the service fails again then download the uninstall.bat file from Symantec from the below link.
4) Run the bat file as instructed in the technote and reboot the server.
5) Install the BESR 2010 and reboot the server once again.
6) Then check the BESR service and it should be running fine
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH147802