When launching bv-config for unix 'BVCONF~1.OCX' error occurs
|Article:TECH148430|||||Created: 2011-01-18|||||Updated: 2011-01-18|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH148430|
On Launching bv-config for unix, a pop up box appear and bv-config for unix did not load.
Error occurred: Component 'BVCONF~1.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid:Error in launching bv-config unix console. [bvconf~1.ocx error]
Re-register the activex control.
- Go to the start menu, and right click on the command prompt, and select run as administrator
- Navigate to the directory that the activex control resides in (eg: c:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\BindView\bv-Control\UNIXShared\Bin")
- From the command prompt regsvr32 bvConfigForUNIXOCX.ocx
- Wait for the dialog box confirming it has been registered.
- Try to re-open bv-config for Unix. It should now open successfully.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH148430