PGP Desktop 9.7/9.8 Whole Disk Encryption Smart Card Support
|Article:TECH149063|||||Created: 2007-10-22|||||Updated: 2013-05-10|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH149063|
Note: This article pertains to a version of PGP Desktop that has reached an End of Support Life (EOSL) as of April 21st 2011. For more information on the End of Support Life dates for PGP Software products see the following article here for more information
PGP Whole Disk Encryption 9.7 and 9.8 supports the following smart cards and smart card readers for pre-boot authentication:
Supported Smart Card Readers for PGP WDE Authentication
Generic smart card readers
- OMNIKEY CardMan 3121 USB for desktop systems (076b:3021)
- OMNIKEY CardMan 6121 USB for mobile systems (076b:6622)
- ActivIdentity USB 2.0 reader (09c3:0008)
CyberJack smart card readers
- Reiner SCT CyberJack pinpad (0c4b:0100)
ASE smart card readers
- Athena ASEDrive IIIe USB reader (0dc3:0802)
Supported Smart Cards or Tokens for PGP WDE Authentication
- ActiveIdentity ActivClientCAC cards, 2005 model
- Aladdin eToken 64K, 2048 bit RSA capable
- Aladdin eToken PRO USB Key 32K, 2048 bit RSA capable
- Aladdin eToken NG-OTP
- Aladdin eToken PRO without 2048 bit capability (older smart cards)
Note: Other Aladdin eTokens, such as tokens with flash, should work provided they are APDU compatible with the supported tokens. OEM versions of Aladdin eTokens, such as those issued by VeriSign, should work provided they are APDU compatible with the supported tokens.
The Athena tokens are supported only for credential storage.
- Athena ASEKey Crypto USB Token
- Athena ASECard Crypto Smart Card
- EMC RSA SecurID SID800 Token
Note: This token is supported only for credential storage. SecurID is not supported.
- Charismathics CryptoIdentity plug 'n' crypt "Smart Card only Stick"
- S-Trust StarCOS smart card
Note: S-Trust SECCOS cards are not supported.
- Rainbow iKey 3000
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH149063