PGP Whole Disk Encryption Workgroup Edition
|Article:TECH149279|||||Created: 2009-02-10|||||Updated: 2013-02-03|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH149279|
PGP Corporation announces the release of PGP Whole Disk Encryption for Workgroups.
Building on PGP Corporation's proven technology, PGP Desktop Whole Disk Encryption Controller allows you to create Windows Installer (.MSI) files that install PGP Whole Disk Encryption Workgroup Edition with the ability to manage up to 100 client installations.
The PGP Desktop Whole Disk Encryption Workgroup Edition includes the following features:
- Product license information - The PGP Whole Disk Controller stores the client license for each PGP WDE Workgroup Edition client so that you can install or deploy the client without needing to provide license information for each installation. Before you can create a PGP WDE .MSI installer with PGP Whole Disk Encryption Controller, you must add a PGP Whole Disk Encryption Workgroup Edition product license.
- PGP WDE Administrator Keys - If you need to perform maintenance or other tasks on a user's system, a PGP WDE administrator key eliminates the need to request the user's passphrase.
- Whole Disk Recovery Tokens (WDRT) - Whole disk recovery tokens (WDRTs) are a means by which an encrypted device is accessed once a user has been locked out or has forgotten their password. This is especially valuable when the device is not in the same location as the administrator.
- Client logging - When you launch PGP Whole Disk Encryption Controller, it retrieves information from the shared folder and displays how many systems have sent a WDRT to the shared folder. The existence of a WDRT is an indicator that initial encryption has begun or completed.
- Embedded Policy - The PGP Whole Disk Controller allows you embed client policy to include specific client configurations. You can define different policies for different groups of users, so that each group gets settings appropriate for their environment. You can then create a customized installer for that user group, which automatically applies the correct policy.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH149279