Licensing PGP Whole Disk Encryption Workgroup Edition
|Article:TECH149319|||||Created: 2009-03-11|||||Updated: 2011-04-11|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH149319|
Before you can create a PGP Whole Disk Encryption Workgroup Edition .MSI installer with PGP Whole Disk Encryption Controller, you must add a PGP Whole Disk Encryption Workgroup Edition product license. Without a valid license, PGP Whole Disk Encryption Controller will not create an installer.
If you need to change to a different license number on existing installations of PGP Whole Disk Encryption, you must either create a new PGP WDE .MSI installer with the new license number and redeploy PGP Whole Disk Encryption with the new .MSI file, or change the license directly from PGP Desktop on the system.
However, if you're only adding new computers to an existing deployment, simply create a new .MSI file with the new license, and deploy PGP Whole Disk Encryption to the additional systems with the new .MSI file.
To add a PGP Desktop license:
- Launch PGP Whole Disk Encryption Controller.
- Click Change next to License. The Licensing dialog box appears.
- Type Authorized User for the Name.
- Type Authorized Company for the Organization..
- Type an email address you want to assign to the licensing of the product.
- Click Next.
- Enter your 28-character license number in the provided fields (for example, DEMO1-DEMO2-DEMO3-DEMO4-DEMO5-ABC).
Note: To avoid typing errors and make the authorization easier, copy the entire license number, put the cursor in the first License Number field, and paste. Your license number will be correctly entered into all six "License Number" fields.
- Click Next to authorize the license.
- When the license is authorized, click Next, and then click Finish to complete the process.
HOW TO: License PGP Desktop 10.1.0
To license PGP Desktop, you must enter a Name, Organization, and License Number. For versions of PGP Desktop 10.1 and above, the license number for your software is obtained by logging into your account on the Symantec Licensing Portal and then authorizing the software using the following for the Name and Organization:
Name: Authorized User
Organization: Authorized Company
|Note: All PGP Desktop products are authorized using the same Name and Organization. Contacting the PGP License Authorization Server is no longer required to authorize a PGP Desktop 10.1 license.|
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH149319