Creating an PGP WDE .MSI File with the PGP Whole Disk Encryption Controller
|Article:TECH149323|||||Created: 2009-03-12|||||Updated: 2011-02-06|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH149323|
This article details how to create PGP Whole Disk Encryption Workgroup client installers.
The PGP Whole Disk Encryption Controller allows you to create Windows Installer (.MSI) files that install PGP Whole Disk Encryption Workgroup Edition with an embedded policy, which contains specific product configurations, a PGP WDE administration key, and license information.
Use this procedure to create a PGP Whole Disk Encryption Workgroup client installer with the PGP Whole Disk Encryption Controller. For each unique set of options for an installation (product configuration, PGP WDE administrator key, license number, or shared folder location), you must create an installation (.MSI) file. When you need to change any of these options, you must create a new .MSI file and re-deploy the client as necessary.
Before you begin
- Import a PGP WDE administrator key.
- Define a shared folder for logging information and WDRTs.
- Launch PGP Whole Disk Encryption Controller.
- Select the Whole Disk Encryption tab, and set the options as desired.
- Select the General Options tab, and set options as desired.
- Select the Key Management tab, and set the options as desired.
- Select the File & Disk tab, and set the options as desired.
- Click Save Client.
|You must create a new installer (.MSI) file and re-deploy the client if you change any of the following:
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH149323