PGP Enrollment - Your credentials were not accepted. Please try again
|Article:TECH149446|||||Created: 2009-06-05|||||Updated: 2011-06-30|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH149446|
When enrolling a PGP Desktop client, you receive the following error message:
Your credentials were not accepted. Please try again.
This can occur when the Directory Synchronization settings on the PGP Universal Server are incorrect. When using Directory Synchronization for enrollment with a PGP Universal Server, PGP Desktop client enrollment will fail if the incorrect LDAP settings are specified in the Directory Synchronization configuration.
Troubleshoot the following areas:
Access the Directory Synchronization settings for your server
- Login to the server's administrative interface.
- Click the Policy card then select Directory Synchronization.
- Check the Hostname of your LDAP server.
- Confirm the Bind DN and Base DN for your domain are correct.
- If the passphrase(password) for the account specified for the Bind DN has changed, make sure the password for the account is correct.
- Confirm the LDAP Directory Type is correct for your LDAP server
Click the Test Connection button to verify you can successfully connect and authenticate with your LDAP server.
|Note: PGP Universal Server supports LDAPv2, LDAPv3, and LDAPS. You can use any of a number of directories with PGP Universal Server, although directories that more closely conform to the OpenLDAP or X.500 standards work best.|
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH149446