Whole Disk for Workgroups Controller does not open on Windows Vista
|Article:TECH149545|||||Created: 2009-09-11|||||Updated: 2012-02-01|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH149545|
When attempting to open the PGP Whole Disk Encryption for Workgroups Controller on Windows Vista, the program does not load.
This issue can occur on Windows Vista systems with the User Access Control feature enable on the system. To resolve this problem, disable the User Access Control feature by using the following steps:
- Click Start then type msconfig in the Start Search field.
- Press Enter. The System Configuration is displayed.
- Click the Tools tab.
- Scroll down to the Disable UAC entry and click Launch.
- Close the command prompt after the operation completes.
- Click OK to close the System Configuration.
- You must reboot the computer to update the settings.
For more information on using the Windows Vista User Access Control feature, click here for a Microsoft Support article.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH149545