PGP Endpoint 4.4 SR1 Resolved Issues
|Article:TECH149582|||||Created: 2009-10-06|||||Updated: 2011-04-04|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH149582|
This article details a list of resolved issues in PGP Endpoint 4.4 SR1.
- ADO error 0x80040e07: compatibility with multiple datetime data type values.
- ADO error 0x80040e37: compatibility with Case Sensitive (CS) SQL database collation.
- Local Authorization pop-ups appeared when browsing files.
- Explorer appeared to hang when browsing large folders, especially on network drives.
- The Other column values in the Log Explorer module are represented correctly as binary data in the MEDIUM-ENCRYPTED log entry for PGP Endpoint Device Control. Removed user access warnings for exporting an encryption key to the removable storage media after Password Recovery.
- Warning messages are no longer shown when a user recovers the password for an encrypted key with full permissions.
- The Log Explorer template User criteria field accepts the underscore _ character.
- You can add another user to the list of users when the Log Explorer template criteria for User is specified.
- Bus-specific user access permissions are correctly applied for new devices the first time the device connects to the PGP Endpoint client computer.
- All user group membership permissions are considered when applying permissions for PGP Endpoint Management Console users that are members of multiple user groups with different permissions.
- PGP Endpoint administrators may configure the RTNotify window to display PGP Endpoint client Status for all configured device models and instances for the system, or only for device models and instances that the user has permissions for.
- The Medium Encrypted message for CD/DVD is generated independently from the Device Log option setting so that a user can recover the password for an encrypted CD/DVD.
- Microsoft Word shadowed files opened in the Log Explorer close properly.
- The Hardening rule is expanded to protect the complete SXdata folder, including shadowfiles.
- After five attempts to unlock an encrypted removable storage device using a password, a user is prompted to retry unlocking the device after fifteen minutes elapse.
- PGP Endpoint is compatible with v-GO Single Sign-On ® (SS) Session Manager by PassLogix.
- PGP Endpoint Device Control shows the device model, mode l ID and unique ID for device files transferred or read when shadowing is enabled.
- Database Explorer shows all database records for file groups when using the PGP Endpoint Authorization Service for the WSUS server.
- A user can recover a password for USB removable storage device connected to a computer running a different version of Microsoft Windows than the computer used to encrypt the device.
- The procedure to assign key pair for the PGP Endpoint Application Server is modified to generate a new record in the Serverkeys table when the previous key pair is deleted, so that Offline Permissions and Password Recovery work properly.
- Log files with trailing white spaces in some log record fields upload to the PGP Endpoint database without returning the SQL Server #dvidx error.
- A new script is available to delete all log entries from the PGP Endpoint database up to a specified date, except for MEDIUM-ENCRYPTED log entries.
- A script is available to filter WRITE-DENIED log event files for the LocalSystem user account when client hardening is enabled.
- USB removable storage devices can be encrypted with the option to retain existing data on the device.
- When encrypting a USB removable storage device on a Windows Vista 32-bit operating system that has UAC disabled, you do not have to format the device.
- The Log Explorer query generates results when the user group role is specified as Yes.
- Virtual USB printer devices are shown in the USB Printer device class.
- The PGP Endpoint client upgrade now checks the GPO setting may not process the legacy run list on the PGP Endpoint client.
- Executable applications launch properly on computers running both Almis® (Risk Analysis/Portfolio) software and PGP Endpoint.
- The MEDIUM-INSERTED log event for USB removable storage devices shows the unique ID, model ID, or device ID.
- File content filtering is enabled for scheduled, temporary, offline, and online permissions.
- The Export medium key option is enabled on the PGP Endpoint client when defining only Export to file permission.
- The Secure Volume Browser (SvolBro) functions properly when using an encrypted CD/DVD on a non-PGP Endpoint computer.
- The Location field in the User Explorer remains for local users when assigned to file groups.
- Logitech webcams can now be unplugged during usage without locking up the application using them.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH149582