Creating PGP Desktop Client Policies on PGP Universal Server 3.0
|Article:TECH149614|||||Created: 2009-11-02|||||Updated: 2012-10-30|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH149614|
PGP Desktop settings can be established for the default internal user policy as well as any custom internal user policy you create. Each of these can have different sets of PGP Desktop settings.
Administrators can control PGP Desktop policy settings to include the following:
- Client licensing (Applies to Universal Server 3.0.x and below. In higher versions the license is already preinstalled)
- Feature settings
- Feature control
- Component control
- PGP Key Management
To configure PGP Desktop client settings
- Login to the PGP Universal Server administrative interface.
- Click Consumers > Consumer Policy.
- Select the desired policy. The Consumer Policy Options are displayed for the policy.
- Click the Keys button to configure key generation settings for PGP Desktop clients. You can set key type, key size, preferred cipher, key mode, and certificates for client keys.
- Click Desktop next to PGP Desktop. This allows you to configure client settings in the following areas:
- General PGP Desktop settings
- Messaging & Keys
- File Encryption (PGP Zip & PGP Shredder)
- PGP NetShare
- PGP Virtual Disk and PGP Whole Disk Encryption
- After configuring the policy, click Save.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH149614