Unable to Install PGP Desktop 9.12 on Windows 7
|Article:TECH149677|||||Created: 2009-12-31|||||Updated: 2012-04-27|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH149677|
After upgrading your operating system to Windows 7 and then attempting to install PGP Desktop 9.12, you receive the error:
Error in custom action. The library C:\Windows\B65463213GHUSP1613132AD7NJ5\WiseCustomCalla2.dll is invalid or could not be found.
This may be resolved by deleting the PGP preference files and then performing a clean installation of PGP Desktop. In some cases the remaining PGP preference files can be corrupted and cause an issue with a new installation after upgrading the operating system.
Use the following steps to perform a clean installation of PGP Desktop.
- Uninstall any previous versions of PGP Desktop on the system.
- Reboot the system.
- Browse to the %appdata% folder:
Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\%username%\Application Data
Windows 7: C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming
- Delete the PGP Corporation folder.
- Install PGP Desktop using the installer for your version of Windows (32 or 64-bit).
- Reboot the system when prompted.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH149677