PGP Whole Disk Encryption RAID Support
|Article:TECH149720|||||Created: 2010-02-02|||||Updated: 2012-12-18|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH149720|
This article details the supported operating systems and RAID configurations when using PGP Whole Disk Encryption.
Beginning with version 10 of PGP Desktop, PGP Whole Disk Encryption is supported on Windows Server 2003 and Windows Server 2008 on (Hardware) RAID disk drives. PGP WDE supports internal system RAID-1 and RAID-5 formatted with MBR partitioning style only (GPT partitioning style is currently not supported).
|Warning: Dynamic disks and software RAID are not supported with PGP Whole Disk Encryption. Internal RAID formatted with GPT partitioning style on Windows is currently not supported.|
PGP Whole Disk Encryption (WDE) is supported on the following Windows Server versions:
- Windows Server 2003 SP 2 32-bit editions
- Windows Server 2003 SP 2 64-bit editions
- Windows Server 2008 SP 1 and 2 32-bit editions
- Windows Server 2008 SP 1 and 2 64-bit editions
- Windows Server 2008 R2 32-bit editions
- Windows Server 2008 R2 64-bit editions
For an article on the best practices when performing PGP Whole Disk Encryption on Windows Server, click here.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH149720