Manually Update a PGP Desktop 9.x for Mac OS X Stand Alone Client to be managed by a PGP Universal Server
|Article:TECH149851|||||Created: 2010-06-16|||||Updated: 2014-12-02|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH149851|
This article details how to manually configure a stand alone PGP Desktop 9.x for Mac OS X client to be managed by a PGP Universal Server.
PGP Universal Server allows you to configure client settings and policies for managed PGP Desktop clients. This includes license settings, feature settings, feature control, and component control.
Manually Configuring a PGP Desktop for Mac OS X clients to connect to a PGP Universal Server
Follow the instructions below to have PGP Universal Server manage a PGP Desktop client.
- Stop the PGP Services by selecting the PGP App on the menu bar and pressing the Option button and then click Quit.
- In the user's home directory, browse to the Library > Preferences folders.
- Delete all com.pgp plist files in the folder.
- Open Finder and go to Applications and then ctrl+click the PGP app and select Show Package Contents.
- Then go to Contents > Resources.
- Create a text file with your server PGPSTAMP information in the folder and name the file policy.txt.
|Note: The PGPSTAMP uses the following format:
ovid is the name of the PGP Universal Server.
mail is the name of your mail server.
admin always equals 1.
- From Applications, re-launch the PGP application to restart the PGP Services. This recreates the com.pgp plist files using the policy.txt file to configure the client to be managed by the PGP Universal Server.
NOTE: The following Articles can be reviewed for modifying the Symantec Encryption standalone clients to be managed for Windows and Linux Operating Systems as well as Mac OS X:
HOWTO77365 - How to: Convert a Symantec Encryption Desktop (formerly PGP Desktop) Standalone installation package for Mac into a Managed Installation package (10.0.x clients and above).
TECH149792 - Manually modify a Windows Symantec Encryption Desktop stand alone client to enroll with Symantec Encryption Management Server
TECH187507 - Convert a Symantec Encryption Desktop Standalone (unmanaged) client for Linux into a managed installation package
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH149851