SharePoint 2010 backups end with Exception "V-79-57344-33925 - Error: 'Database Name' is a component of a SharePoint server farm." even though the SharePoint Farm Databases are selected appropriately
|Article:TECH152550|||||Created: 2011-02-02|||||Updated: 2011-02-03|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH152550|
SharePoint 2010 backups may result with this exception if a significant change has occurred on the Front End Web Server of the SharePoint Farm.
V-79-57344-33925 - Error: <Database Name> is a component of a SharePoint server farm. It must be backed up using the Backup Exec Agent for Microsoft SharePoint Portal Server. Select it for backup from the Microsoft Server SharePoint Server Farms node under All Resources.
When SharePoint 2010 selections are enumerated for backup, Backup Exec will contact the WebFront End to display backup selections. Should a significant alteration be incurred on the structure of SharePoint or SQL Backend, Backup Exec may assume the Databases are no longer part of the SharePoint Farm and report as such in the Job Log.
1. Remove the SharePoint Farm Selections from the Selection List
2. Remove the SQL Server Agent Selections in the Selection List
3. Disable Publishing for the Backup Exec Remote Agent for Windows Servers on the SharePoint Server and SQL Server
4. Restart the Backup Exec Remote Agent for Windows Servers on the SharePoint Server and SQL Server
5. Re-enable Publishing for the Backup Exec Remote Agent for Windows Servers on the SharePoint Server and SQL Server
6. Re-add Farm Selections in the Selection List
7. Re-add SQL Server DB Selections
8. Re-run the SharePoint Agent Backup
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH152550