Release Notes Symantec Brightmail Message Filter (SBMF) Patch 221
|Article:TECH152630|||||Created: 2011-02-03|||||Updated: 2011-02-04|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH152630|
Release Notes Symantec Brightmail Message Filter Patch 221
January 19, 2011
Product: Symantec Brightmail Message Filter 6.2.0
Platform: 32-bit Windows
Notes: This is a general availability patch for supported 32-bit Windows platforms only.
Contents of Patch 221
This patch resolves the following issue in the Brightmail Conduit:
Bug ID: 2209721
Summary: Brightmail Conduit Service Stuck in "Stopping" state.
In rare circumstances, OS-level temporary file management calls could deadlock, halting further rule processing until a manual conduit restart. This has been resolved with this patch such that the deadlock no longer can occur.
Note: This patch is only applicable to Symantec Brightmail Message Filter 6.2.0.
Note: This patch consists of a zip file containing this release note and conduit.exe.
Installation Instructions (Windows):
1. Download the zip file to the target host.
2. Open the zip file and locate the conduit.exe file.
3. Locate your installation LOADPOINT. It can be found in the following registry key:
The default value for LOADPOINT is: C:\Program Files\Symantec\SBAS\Scanner\
4. Stop the Brightmail Conduit using the Control Center or the Windows Services Management Console.
5. Rename the existing conduit.exe as follows:
6. Extract conduit.exe from the zip file into LOADPOINT\Bin.
7. Start the Brightmail Conduit using the Control Center or the Windows Services Management Console.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH152630