Unable to delete backup destination folder using Symantec System Recovery Management Solution (SSR-MS) 2011.
|Article:TECH153587|||||Created: 2011-02-16|||||Updated: 2011-11-24|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH153587|
If you try to delete a backup destination folder using Symantec System Recovery Management Solution (SSR-MS) 2011, it will fail with error:
You cannot delete the selected destination because an existing Symantec System Recovery policy or task already uses it. To delete the destination, you must first delete the policy or task that uses the destination.
Even if you delete the policy or tasks that uses the destination, the error persists.
Follow the steps below to delete a backup destination folder in SSR-MS:
Modify all backup policies to use a different destination from the one that needs to be deleted.
- Go to Manage task screen | computers in SSR-MS.
- Right click on any computer and choose resource manager:
- Click on Browse:
- Click on old destination and click OK:
- Click on Resource Association Grid.
- Right click on any left over "associations" on the right and choose delete:
- Now go back and delete the old destination.
NOTE: Please be aware of the following side effects of using the above steps:
- Client machines may lose their association with the backup policy
- Client machines may go into a 'Not Installed' state (seen via 'Manage Tasks' / 'Computers' view)
Despite the above side effects, over a period of time (impossible to say how long as it depends on size of environment and what the Symantec Management Agent 'configuration' interval is set to), the client machines will regain their association to the backup policy and also regain their correct status (when the policy 'cleanup' is complete).
BESR-MS : Unable to delete Destination on 'Manage Task'.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH153587