"Please Uninstall the existing version and try again"
|Article:TECH153877|||||Created: 2011-02-21|||||Updated: 2011-06-10|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH153877|
When you try to upgrade from Existing SEE 7.0 to SEE 8.0, gets an error "Please uninstall the existing version and install the newer version"
"Please uninstall the existing version and install the newer version"
Windows Xp / 32 BIT/ SEE 8.0
1. Trying to install by directly clicking on the Client package.exe
2. Client packages was not created properly
1. Check the Management server for the FD Snap in
2. If No FD present install the FD and create packages for frame work and FD respectively
3. Share the packages and in the client using the command Prompt and the following command
MSIEXEC /i "[path]\Symantec Endpoint Encryption Framework Client[ x64].msi" REINSTALL="ALL" REINSTALLMODE="vomus"
4. This should install the client successfully.
[FD = FullDisk][make sure to type this command in one line in a notepad before trying in CMD]
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH153877