How to use One Time Password Key Changer?
|Article:TECH153878|||||Created: 2011-02-21|||||Updated: 2011-08-15|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH153878|
After the upgrade of the clients are performed or after certain changes are made they lose communication with the server.
Communication lost or OTP usage.
Win2k3, Win XP. GE , SEE.
Communication lost with Management Server.
i. On the SEEMS server install the OTP Key Changer.
- From the Full Disk Encryption/Server Installers directory, locate OTP Key Changer.msi or x64 version if needed.
- Double click the OTP Key Change.msi.
- Click Next, then accept the Software License Agreement.
- Click Next to install to the default location and click install.
- Installation runs.
- Click Finish to complete the install.
ii. Create OTP Key Changer Client Installer.
- Double click OTPKeyChanger.exe located in C:\Program Files\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Encryption Manager\OTP Key Changer.
- Enter the Management Password and click “Create Package”. This the password created for the Management Server during the installation of the SEEMS server.
- You will then be prompted to save the Client OTP Key Changer msi. Select a location that is accessible from any client that may need to have this installed on it.
- Click OK.
- Click Close to complete the process.
iii. Install OTP Key Changer on a client.
- Copy or access the “Symantec Endpoint Encryption Client OTP Key Changer.msi” to the client.
- Double click “Symantec Endpoint Encryption Client OTP Key Changer.msi” to install it.
- Click Next and accept the Software License Agreement. Click Next again.
- Click “Install”. This will update the client with the current OTP keys from the server.
- Click “Finish” to complete the install.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH153878