Upgrading the Symantec Enforcer appliance over TFTP
|Article:TECH153931|||||Created: 2011-02-22|||||Updated: 2011-02-22|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH153931|
In Symantec Network Access Control (SNAC) 11.0, how can I upgrade the software running on the Symantec Enforcer appliance?
The Enforcer appliance can be upgraded using a CD or over TFTP (Trivial File Transfer Protocol); this article outlines how to upgrade using TFTP.
- An ISO image from Symantec with the new SNAC Enforcer build
- A running TFTP server
- Extract the following files from the root of the ISO image into the directory shared by the TFTP server
- In the Enforcer appliance command line interface (CLI) type the following command:
- update tftp://ipaddress-of-tftp-server
- Press Y to continue
- Wait for the Enforcer to complete the upgrade and reboot
- After logging in, type the following command in the Enforcer CLI to verify that the upgrade was successful:
- show version
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH153931