After extending the Active Directory schema new attributes were added for Users. How to query these new attributes using bv-Control for Windows.
|Article:TECH155643|||||Created: 2011-03-15|||||Updated: 2012-08-09|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH155643|
After extending the Active Directory schema new attributes were added. How to query these new attributes using bv-Control for Windows.
When we need to report on the newly added attribute of the users after the schema has been extended we need to build the query with the Raw data attribute in the query builder. Following are the steps about how to query the newly introduced attributes:
- In the RMS Console, launch the Query Builder Wizard by clicking the Red Book on the icon bar at the top.
- Expand bv-Control for Windows, then select the Users data source.
- On the Field Specification Tab, expand Raw Directory Attributes
- Click Change Descriptor
- In Advanced Descriptor select Enter a string list attribute. Here enter the names of the newly created attributes (The ones which were introduced after extending the schema)
- Click OK.
- Click OK.
- Scope to the target objects.
- Click OK and Save or Run the query.
You will have to modify the query according to the attributes that you need to report on.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH155643