ITA and Security Role issues with v7.1
|Article:TECH157278|||||Created: 2011-04-01|||||Updated: 2011-05-25|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH157278|
Unable to Access ITA From the NS server with Notification Server 7.1
In order for security roles to function correctly for access to the reporting server there are a few things to know.
1) We now manage all of our own roles, We no longer have any entries in Active Directory.
2) Customers will need to set up security roles in SQL and in NS in order for the reports to function correctly – they should be named the same. Depending on the environment users (may) need two log ins.
3) Security Roles in NS 7.1 are a little more firm, There are not as many options available. This is a double edge sword.
- a. There is less room for error.
- b. They do not appear to be as customizable, but the needed options are still available.
4) You can get around this by cloning the Supervisor Role, and breaking inheritance and then taking away (or adding) whatever permissions you desire.
NOTE: Step 4 does not work with the administrator role as that is hard coded into the interface – while you can clone the admin role you cannot take away ALL of the permissions. Giving users more access than what they should have.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH157278