How to uninstall or repair / fixinstall Symantec System Recovery (SSR) 2011 (SSR 2011 Uninstall.bat)
|Article:TECH157372|||||Created: 2011-04-04|||||Updated: 2014-05-20|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH157372|
Attached to this document are the latest FIXINSTALL.BAT and UNINSTALL.BAT files for Symantec System Recovery 2011.
CAUTION : Please use "Add or Remove Programs" or "Programs and Features" control panel to uninstall products, uninstall.bat can be used only if trouble or issue occurred during uninstall the product. Running uninstall.bat without performing uninstall by "Add or Remove Programs" or "Programs and Features" control panel might leave unnecessary files or registry keys on the system.
NOTE : uninstall.bat does not remove the recovery point files and its folders, and VProRecovery folder(s) on the backup destination machine. Please remove them manually if unnecessary.
The attached files can be used to repair an existing install, or completely remove SSR 2011.
To completely uninstall SSR 2011:
- This uninstall batch file is meant to uninstall the "Symantec System Recovery 2011" product only on 32-bit and 64-bit operating systems.
- Download UninstallSSR2011.zip and extract to the C:\ root directory. 2 files will be extracted: UninstallSSR2011.bat and LUReg.exe. Both files must be in the same location in order for the uninstallation to occur.
- Open a command prompt and navigate to C:\.
- Run the following command from Windows Command Prompt :
For 32-bit* Systems: UninstallSSR2011.bat -I "C:\Program Files\Symantec\Symantec System Recovery\"
For 64-bit* Systems: UninstallSSR2011.bat -I "C:\Program Files (x86)\Symantec\Symantec System Recovery\"
*If you modified the installation path of SSR during the original install, modify the command above to reflect that same path. Confirm that the folder is still present in the command line. If not, create a new empty folder in that location with the name Symantec System Recovery. The uninstall cannot complete without this folder in place.
- Reboot the system.
- SSR 2011 is now completely uninstalled.
To repair an existing install of SSR 2011:
- Download SSR2011Fixinstall.bat to the following directory, overwriting the existing file if prompted. Rename the file from SSR2011Fixinstall.bat.txt to SSR2011Fixinstall.bat:
Windows Vista\7\2008: C:\Program Files (x86)\Symantec\Symantec System Recovery
Windows XP\2003: C:\Program Files\Symantec\Symantec System Recovery
- Right-mouse click on the file and choose Run As Administrator. A command prompt box will open while the file runs and will close when complete.
- Reboot the system.
- The repair of the SSR 2011 installation is now complete.
|Value||2237992, 2400348, 3144857, 3163199 and 3237751|
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH157372