How to create Client Install Packages to migrate clients and move them to a different SEPM
|Article:TECH158065|||||Created: 2011-04-14|||||Updated: 2011-08-02|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH158065|
Client Install packages are exported from a new SEPM.
The packages are successfully deployed to new machines.
Packages are also deployed to machines with older SEP versions of a different SEPM.
The clients are migrated to the new version but still connected to their old SEPM and group.
The existing client-server communication settings have been maintained and not reset or overwritten.
Before exporting client packages in SEPM
1. Click Client Install Settings
2. Click Add Client Install Settings.
3. Name and describe the new settings
4. Select the installation type, installation folder, enable logging, should the program be added to Start Menu (12.1: Submit reputation Information to symantec)
5. Select Remove all previous logs and policies, and reset the client-server communication settings
6. Click OK to save the settings.
7. Export the Client Install Packages
8. Click on Default Client Installation Settings to chose your previously created settings.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH158065