Continuous pop-ups when opening reports in Endpoint Protection Manager
|Article:TECH158284|||||Created: 2011-04-18|||||Updated: 2011-09-06|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH158284|
Opening reports and other links within the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager (SEPM) results in many blank pop-up windows loading. Shortly after loading, the windows then disappear. This behavior only occurs on systems running Internet Explorer 9 (IE9).
This issue is caused by changes made to Internet Explorer 9, which render it incompatibile with some Web applications. These changes affect the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager (SEPM) because SEPM utilizes Internet Explorer to render the Home, Monitors, and Reports tabs in the SEPM.
To resolve compatability issues with Internet Explorer 9, add the SEPM under Compatibility View Settings:
- Open Internet Explorer on the affected system
- Press the Alt key to expose the File menu
- Click Tools>Compatability View Settings
- Add the appropriate address for the SEPM:
- For a local SEPM console, add "localhost"
- For a Java Remote SEPM console, add the hostname of the SEPM server
- Click the Close button to save the changes
After making these changes, the SEPM console links should display correctly
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH158284