GE Manager always asks for SQL Authentication
|Article:TECH158669|||||Created: 2011-04-22|||||Updated: 2011-08-22|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH158669|
When you try to open any reports in GE manager, it always asks for SQL authentication.
GE Manager always uses 'Windows Authentication' as the default method to connect to GEMS database. If the logged-on windows user doesn't have enough privileges on the database, initial authentication fails. This causes GE-Manager to prompt for alternate authentication details.
Add the current windows user to SQL Logins and configure him with sys_admin privileges. Here is how you can do it -
- In SQL Management Studio, connect to the database server containing GEMS database.
- In the Object Explorer pane, expand the <server> -> Security
- Right click on 'Logins' under security
- Select 'New Login'
- Enter the Windows username by manually typing, or using the Search button to select the right user.
- Go to Server Roles, click on 'sysadmin'
- Click on 'OK'
- Close GE Manager if its already open, and Try launching the GE Manager again.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH158669