How to backup and restore LiveUpdate Administrator (LUA) configuration in LUA 2.3
|Article:TECH159239|||||Created: 2011-05-02|||||Updated: 2013-09-04|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH159239|
How to use the configuration export and restore functionality in LUA 2.3 to prepare for and recover from the catastrophic failure of an LUA server.
Starting with version 2.3, LUA provides a method to export configuration information to a recovery file. This file can be used to restore that configuration to a new installation of LUA. This recovery file contains all configuration information for the LUA installation from which it was created.
- Products selected in the My Symantec Products list
- Custom Source Server information
- Distribution Centers
- Download Schedules
- Distribution Schedules
Note: The recovery file created does not include any downloaded or distributed content. All scheduled downloads and distributions will have to be re-run to ensure content is available to clients.
Exporting LUA configuration settings:
- Log on to the LUA server Web interface
- Select the Configure tab
- Select Export from the Configure menu
- Click the Export configuration recovery file button
- Follow the browser-based dialog to save the exported file
Note: A default file name is provided, but can be changed if needed - ensure the .zip extension is preserved.
- Ensure the exported recovery file is stored according to established backup guidelines
Restoring LUA configuration settings:
Note: It is only possible to restore LUA configuration settings immediately following the first log on to the LUA server. The restore option will not be provided again after moving off of the Home tab for the first time.
- Log on to the newly installed LUA Web interface
The LUA interface will open on the Home tab
- Find the Configuration Restore pane in upper right hand corner of the Home tab and click the link labeled "here"
This will open a configuration restore wizard in a new pop-up window
- Click the Choose File button in the Configuration Restore window
- Browse for and select the the exported configuration file in the browser-based file open dialog box
- Click the OK button to begin the restore process
- When the process has completed without errors a message will appear stating "Configuration has been restored successfully".
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH159239