RPM data is not being reported on Unix and Linux machines
|Article:TECH159262|||||Created: 2011-05-02|||||Updated: 2011-05-09|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH159262|
RPM data is not being reported on Unix and Linux machines even though inventory runs and all appropriate settings exist.
SMP Agent 7.x for Unix, Linux and Macintosh
Inventory Solution 7.2 for Unix, Linux and Macintosh
There appears to be occassional corruption in the way data is stored in memory. The exact cause is being researched.
Create a run script task that runs the attached shell script on affected client machines. Note that the script will unregister the SMF Agent Plugin (unregistering or uninstalling will clear any memory caches), delete a specific file, reregister the SMF Agent Plugin, run inventory and send software data to the NS.
Following are notes on creating a run script task for a Unix or Linux client:
- In the NS7 Console, click on 'Manage' > 'Jobs and Tasks'
- Click on the 'Jobs and Tasks' menu entry in the left-hand pane.
- Click on 'Create a new job or task' in the right-hand pane. A new window will open.
- Scroll to the bottom of the left-hand pane in the new window and click on 'Run Script'.
- Enter an appropriate name for this task in top text field.
- Select the desired script type: Unix shell script.
- Paste in the text of the script sent by development.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH159262