HTTP Error 404 - 'File or Directory not' while trying to access http://ramservername/RA_Webclient. It is a fresh installation of RAM 10.0 server on a Windows 2003 64 bit computer
|Article:TECH159339|||||Created: 2011-05-03|||||Updated: 2013-08-08|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH159339|
RA_Webclient and RAMAppPool do not get created after a fresh installation of RAM server on a 64 bit Win 2003 server. You get a http error 404, while trying to access http://ramservername/RA_Webclient.
HTTP Error 404 - File or Directory not found
Windows 2003 64 bit Enterprise edition R2 on the RAM 10.0 server.
Run the 32-bit version of asp.net 2.0:
1. Uninstall the RAM server.
2. Run the 32-bit version of asp.net.
- Click Start, click Run, type cmd, and then click OK.
- Type the following command to enable the 32-bit mode:
- cscript %SYSTEMDRIVE%\inetpub\adminscripts\adsutil.vbs SET W3SVC/AppPools/Enable32bitAppOnWin64 1
- Type the following command to install the version of ASP.NET 2.0 (32-bit) and to install the script maps at the IIS root and under:
- %SYSTEMROOT%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\aspnet_regiis.exe -i
- Make sure that the status of ASP.NET version 2.0.50727 (32-bit) is set to Allowed in the Web service extension list in Internet Information Services Manager.
3. Re-install the RAM server. Confirm that RA_Webclient is present under the default website, and RAMappPool is present under application pools in IIS Manager.
Launch the http://ramservername/ra_webclient
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH159339