"Respond with" field is grayed out when trying to set up automatic response for Media Remove or Library Insert Alerts
|Article:TECH160277|||||Created: 2011-05-18|||||Updated: 2012-12-06|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH160277|
"Respond with" field is grayed out when trying to set up automatic response for Media Insert/Remove or Library Insert alerts so it appears that the alerts can not be configured.
In Backup Exec 2012 the Media Remove option cannot be configured from the Backup Exec Menu | Configuration and Settings | Alert Categories because it is set to "Cancel" and grayed out.
The Backup Exec 2010 or earlier "Configure Alert Categories" window also has the Media Remove category response option grayed out.
BEUtility needs to be used to configure this response properly so that job prompts will no longer interfere with backup operations.
To configure the automated Respond with for these alerts, follow the steps given below:
1. Browse to X:\Program files\Symantec\Backup Exec (X: being the driver letter where Backup Exec is installed)
2. Run BEUtility.exe
3. Add the media server from File | New | New Media Server
4. In BEUtility, select the All Media Servers, select the Media Server Name
5. From the left pane under Service Tasks click Edit configuration (or right click on media server name and select Edit Configuration)
6. Under Automated alert responses configure the respond with for the required alerts.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH160277