Java Script Error returned when attempting to add a user through the List Groups page, Add User action menu item.
|Article:TECH160358|||||Created: 2011-05-18|||||Updated: 2011-05-18|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH160358|
|NOTE: If you are experiencing this particular known issue, we recommend that you Subscribe to receive email notification each time this article is updated. Subscribers will be the first to learn about any releases, status changes, workarounds or decisions made.|
When attempting to add a user through the List Groups page, the Add User action menu item, and the user's email address contains an apostrophe, a java script error is returned.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Import or add a user whose email address contains an apostrophe.
2. Click Admin > Users > Accounts > List Groups.
3. Click the orange lightning bolt for the group where you want to add a user, and select Add User.
4. Select the user whose name contains an apostrophe.
A yellow triangle appears in the bottom left-hand corner.
Message: Expected ')'
Java Script code being called on or from ProcessManager/Userman/UserSearchSmall2.aspx
does not escape the apostrophe.
To work around this issue:
1. Click Admin > Users > Accounts > Manage Users.
2. Find the user you wish to add to a group.
3. Click the action button for the user and select Manage Groups.
4. In the drop-down list, select the group to which you want to add the user, and click Add. Then, click Close.
5. Repeat this process for any other users who are affected by this issue.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH160358