HP-UX machines not reporting any metric data
|Article:TECH160725|||||Created: 2011-05-24|||||Updated: 2011-05-24|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH160725|
After rolling out the Monitor Agent for HP-UX, there are no metrics available for HP-UX machines in the Real-Time Performance Viewer. No rules are triggering and there does not appear to be any activated policies for the HP-UX machines in the Activated Monitor Policies web part.
- Monitor Solution for Servers 7.x
- Monitor Pack for Servers 7.x
There are no HP-UX Monitor Policies provided with the default installation of Monitor Pack for Servers. Either custom Monitor Policies will need to be created for the HP-UX machines, or an HP-UX policy will need to be downloaded from the Symantec Connect website.
- Locate a desired HP-UX Monitor Policy from the following website:
- Download the exported Monitor Pack XML to the Notification Server
- In the Symantec Management Console, access: Home > Monitoring and Alerting > Monitor > Policies > Import Monitor Pack
- Choose Add and locate the downloaded Monitor Pack XML file
- Select the newly added Monitor Pack, choose Schedule, Run Now, then OK
- Refresh the right-hand pane and browse to the newly available HP-UX Monitor Policy(ies) under the Policies folder
- Apply the policy to an appropriate target which contains the desired HP-UX machines
- Enable the policy then Save changes
- Either wait up to an hour for the target machine(s) to receive the new policy, or force an update by running: aex-refreshpolicies from a shell as a super user on the HP-UX machine(s)
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH160725