Unable to Restore Data on PGP Encrypted Disk when Using Backup Exec System Restore
|Article:TECH161654|||||Created: 2011-06-06|||||Updated: 2011-06-06|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH161654|
When attempting to restore data on a secondary disk using the Backup Exec System Restore on a PGP Whole Disk Encrypted disk, you receive the error:
"Cannot copy data from recovery point to destination, access is denied"
This issue is corrected by adding a new key to the Windows Registry to disable write protection on a PGP WDE file.
- Open the Windows Registry Editor.
- Browse to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\PGPwded folder.
- Right-click in the PGPwded folder and select New > Key.
- Type DisableProtection for the name of the key and press Enter.
- Close the Registry Editor and reboot the computer.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH161654