Infected files are not sent to Central Quarantine
|Article:TECH162610|||||Created: 2011-06-17|||||Updated: 2011-06-21|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH162610|
Scan Engine for NAS is not sending infected files to Central Quarantine as configured.
The most likely cause for this problem is environmental, such as:
- Connectivity problems between Scan Engine and Central Quarantine servers.
- Quarantine options are not set correctly in Scan Engine's configuration.
The following steps should help in troubleshooting and resolving the problem:
- Analyse Scan Engine (SSE) logs (verbose if possible) matching the problem and look for quarantine-related events.
- Set SSE "Local logging" to "Verbose" if not set already.
- Ensure the connectivity between SSE and Central Quarantine is valid
- "telnet" commands might help
- Confirm from SSE logs whether other infected files are getting quarantined properly
- Testing with an Eicar file might help
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH162610