Vmware or Hyper-V agent fail to connect to the virtual machine to collect the necessary metadata for application GRT items.
|Article:TECH163233|||||Created: 2011-06-25|||||Updated: 2013-01-07|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH163233|
This failure to collect metadata for GRT items can occur due to a lack of a trust relationship between the Backup Exec 2010 R3 media server and the virtual machine.
1. On the navigation bar, click the arrow next to Backup.
2. Click New Backup Job.
3. On the View by Resource tab, expand Domains.
4. Do one of the following:
- To select the remote computer from an Active Directory domain, expand Active Directory Domains, and then expand the Active Directory domain where the remote computer resides.
- To select the remote computer from a Microsoft Windows Network domain, expand Microsoft Windows Network, and then expand the domain where the remote computer resides.
5. Do one of the following:
To establish the trust relationship with a single remote computer:
- Select or expand the remote computer.
- Click Yes at the prompt to establish the trust relationship
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH163233