Symantec Mail Security for Microsoft Exchange (SMSMSE) does not deploy settings to multiple servers when Send group settings is checked.
|Article:TECH163977|||||Created: 2011-07-05|||||Updated: 2012-10-01|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH163977|
|NOTE: If you are experiencing this particular known issue, we recommend that you Subscribe to receive email notification each time this article is updated. Subscribers will be the first to learn about any releases, status changes, workarounds or decisions made.|
When adding multiple servers through the console with the Send group settings checked, only the first server receives group settings. All added servers will be listed under the necessary group.
- Click the Assets button at the top of the console.
- Select Add Server(s)
- Choose the Exchange servers from the list of available servers or specify the IP address of the servers you would like to add.
- Click the right facing arrow button to add each desired server to the Selected severs list.
- A dialog box will requesting you to select the version of Symantec Mail Security installed on the added server.
- Select the correct version and press OK.
- Complete steps 3-6 for each additional server you would like to add to the console.
- Select the Send group settings checkbox.
- Click OK
- Click Close
- If the window labeled Operation Status contains only the first server in the selected list, this condition is met.
- Add each desired server to the group with the Send group settings unchecked.
- Click the OK button.
- From the Server/group at the top of the console, select Assets.
- Select the group that contains the newly added servers.
- Click the Deploy changes button.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH163977