NetBackup 5200 Appliance patch 1.2b
|Article:TECH164242|||||Created: 2011-07-08|||||Updated: 2011-08-01|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH164242|
This document contains: NetBackup 5200 Appliance patch 1.2b
This 1.2b updates resolves the issues reported in 1.2 and noted in the following technote:
NetBackup 5200 1.2b README July 11, 2011
This software update provides fixes for the NetBackup 5200 appliance series.
For additional information about new features, product fixes and enhancements,
known issues, and the current release content that are included in this
release update, refer to the following TechNote on the Symantec Support Web
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- PRODUCT DEPENDENCIES
- DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS
- ROLLBACK INSTRUCTIONS
-- NetBackup 5200 Appliance software version 188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206 or 220.127.116.11 must
be installed on a NetBackup 5200 media server appliance before this
software update is installed.
DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS
NOTE: Before you begin this procedure, ensure that there are no backup jobs
currently running or are scheduled to run before you begin this procedure.
To install the 1.2b software update on the NetBackup 5200 Appliance:
1. Open an SSH session and log on to the appliance as an administrator.
2. Use the "Share Open" command to open the NFS and CIFS share directories
so the appliance can receive the release updates.
Main_Menu> Support> Software> Share Open
3. On a different computer, map or mount the appropriate appliance NFS
or CIFS share:
- For UNIX enter: <appliance-name>/inst/patch/incoming
- For Windows enter: \\<appliance-name>\incoming patches
4. From the other computer, download and unzip or untar the following
NetBackup 18.104.22.168 release update from the Symantec Support Web Site
onto the mapped or the mounted directory.
5. Upload the unzipped release update rpm to the mounted share.
NOTE: You should only upload the release update rpm and not the zip file.
6. From the other computer, unmap or unmount the shared directory after you
have successfully downloaded the release update.
7. From the appliance, enter the following command to close the NFS and the
Main_Menu> Support> Software> Share Close
Once the release update is downloaded on the share directory, and you run
the Share Close command, the update is moved from the share directory to
its proper location.
8. From the appliance, enter the following "List Available" command to list
the available release updates on the appliance. Note the name of the
uploaded release update.
Main_Menu> Support> Software> List Available
9. From the appliance, enter the following command to install the release
update. Use the name of the package that you downloaded in Step 4.
Main_Menu> Support> Software> install <release update name>
NOTE: As part of installing the release update, all NetBackup services are
shutdown and restarted.
For more information, see the "NetBackup 5200 Administrator's Guide".
NOTE: If you want to roll back the 1.2b release update immediately after
you have installed it (in the same command-line session), you must
exit the session and log on again. That ensures that the Rollback
command is present in the command line interface
To rollback the 1.2b software update on the NetBackup 5200 Appliance:
1. From the command line interface, enter the following command:
Main_Menu> Support> Software> Rollback
2. At the following prompt, press the Y key to answer yes.
Do you want to rollback to x.x.x.x? (y/n)
Where x.x.x.x is the previous version number.
This process requires various processes to be stopped and started. In
addition, the previous version that is found, is displayed for you to see.
3. After Rollback has completed, REBOOT your appliance.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH164242